If we were pushed to name a few of our favourite women in the world, the mastermind behind shapewear maestro’s Spanx would undoubtedly feature on the list somewhere along the line. Ah, our trusty Spanx! Increasing the body confidence of women across the globe, Sara Blakely and her range of fabulous shapewear make smoothing over our lumps and bumps easy. We trust anything Sara has to say here at MyTights… after all, she’s revolutionised our lives, so why wouldn’t we?! Featuring in this month’s issue of Porter Magazine, the self-made billionaire disclosed her 10 golden rules for having a more positive outlook on everyday life. Listen up, ladies!
1) Trust your gut – Sara revealed that, although she lives just 5 minutes from her work, she actually leaves 45 minutes in advance, opting for a long route to have time to think and come up with innovative new ideas!
2) Look for hidden blessings in bad events – believe that everything that happens will lead to something greater. Giving us one of our favourite quotes of all time, Sara added ‘I mean, look what my cellulite led to!’ What a woman!
3) Be grateful for being a woman in this era – we’ve got it good, don’t we? Embrace life and show gratitude for what you have.
4) Keep close girlfriends – Sara’s had the same group of friends since she was five, and she claims keeping such a loyal and close group has enabled her to get where she is today!
5) Laugh at yourself – don’t get easily offended, let go and find the funny side in your misfortunes. Starting with those terrible fashion choices you made back in the ‘80s!
6) It doesn’t matter what other people think of you – we particularly love this one. Let go, be yourself, wear what you want. If you like an outfit, that’s a good enough reason to wear it!
7) Always aim to be a better version of yourself – Sara constantly asks herself the same question; ‘How would I be doing my job is no-one showed me? Is there a better way?’
8) Care more than anyone else – starting out with just $85000 and with no experience of the shapewear industry, Sara asserts that being so passionate about what she does opened doors for her, you should do the same.
9) There’s always room for improvement – whether relationships or our careers, we can always improve. Take a step back, listen to motivational audio books, and strive to be the best you can be.
10) Think about what you’ve failed in – there’s no harm in failing. In fact, it makes us work harder. So at the end of every week, have a cup of tea and think about what you could have done better.
Oh Sara, we love you. With all those motivational tips, we’re in the mood to treat ourselves to some fabulous new shapewear. Why not check out our amazing range of Spanx products?Read More