It’s that time of year again. New Year, new you! 2015 is going to be different. This year, you’re going to banish the carbs, work up a sweat at the gym 5 times a week and quit the booze, right?
We envy you if you manage to stick to your January promises, but let’s be honest, it’s not always easy. So why not save yourself the guilt come early February and make some New Year resolutions that you can stick to? In our eyes, the perfect way to bring in 2015 in style is to revamp your hosiery collection. With this in mind, the MyTights team have been busily compiling a selection of our own fash-olutions (get it?)
Here are our top ten…
1) Don’t stress, invest: We’ve all got that token pair of tights in our drawer that we bought on a whim – an impulse buy that you convinced yourself you’d wear once a week, but in reality, have never been taken out of the packet. So this year, spend some time in creating a capsule collection of quality basics that you will actually wear – we’re talking black opaques and luxury sheers!
2) Organisation is key: nobody wants to be rummaging through their bedside table at 6am, desperately trying to find THAT pair of tights that will finish off your outfit perfectly. So take action; throw out anything you haven’t worn in the last year and organise your fashion tights with the brilliant Stoxbox. A neat and tidy hosiery drawer awaits…
3) Be braver: fashion is there to be experimented with, so instead of wishing you could pull off a pair of suspender tights that you’ve seen in a celebrity magazine, go out and try it! You never know, you might find a new hosiery BFF. Ankle socks are a great place to start!
4) Discover your perfect skintone shade: it may take a little bit of trial and error to find exactly what you’re after, but finding your perfect skin tone shade is a must. Not only will it save you time and money, it’ll give you no end of confidence and allow you to pull off a bare leg look with panache! Need a little help? Check out our in-depth skintone guide.
5) Turn your back on black: colour, colour, colour! Black opaques are a necessary component of every staple collection, but it’s entirely possible to achieve a similarly chic and classic look with a pair of coloured tights. We’re not saying opt for bright yellow straight away, but why not try out muted tones like navy, burgundy and dark grey?
6) Find the ideal shapewear for problem areas: shapewear can be daunting at first – what will work for you? Is it worth the money? The MyTights shapewear guide is there to help, offering you all the advice you need to find something suitable for your problem zones. The hassle-free way to a streamlined silhouette!
7) Throw out your odd socks: most of us have done it at some point, haven’t we? Whether intentional or not, odd socks are a fashion faux pas. Start off the year with a clean slate – grab a bin bag, throw your rejects away and replace them with our fabulous range of quality socks. Something for every style!
8) Know the key trends: a capsule collection is a great idea, but it’s always nice to a mix it up a bit with a patterned pair of fashion tights! To ensure your legwear is current and on-trend, take it upon yourself to follow the catwalks at London Fashion Week to find the most up to date styles. We’ll no doubt be blogging about it as it happens, too, so watch this space!
9) Suffer no more: if you spend a long time on your feet at work, it’s not unusual for your legs to feel tired and jaded come the end of the day. In 2015, tell yourself that enough is enough – give your pins the attention they deserve with a pair of our excellent support tights. No longer limited to frumpy and unflattering tights, our range of support tights are sourced from an array of industry leading brands… so it’s entirely possible to channel a chic legwear look AND have a spring in your step in the process.
10) Put yourself first!: Last but not least…treat yourself. Feeling confident is hugely important, and a brilliant way to boost your mood in the miserable winter months. After all, if you look great, you feel great. So this year, if you’ve spotted a pair of tights that you can’t stop thinking about, don’t worry about the price…splash out and put yourself first!
Happy New Year!