We’ve already brought you some of the hottest looks from this year’s Glasto, and now, with festival season already half way through, here is your definitive guide to the new festival fashion. If you didn’t manage to get to Glastonbury or T in the Park this year, there are still loads to choose from, including the Big Chill and Bestival. And even better, we’re here with the looks you need, whether you’re sitting in a muddy field or watching the coverage at home.
1. Do steal Beyonce’s style from that Glasto set. Team gold sequins with black basics (may we suggest a dress rather than just pants if you’re planning on wearing it to the pub), and finish with nude fishnet tights.
2. Do adapt celeb looks for everyday wear. Poppy Delevigne may be able to pull off bright red skinny fit trousers, but let’s face it, most of us can’t. For a more wearable alternative, try red tights with a dark denim dress, or under denim hotpants à la Alexa Chung. For style leaders, try this season’s bottle green.
3. DO match your accessories. Florals are always a summer staple, and this year it’s all about the headwear. Match yours to floral Pamela Mann tights for double the fashion points, but toughen up with a black leather jacket or army boots to avoid looking too cutesy.
4. DON’T be scared to try something new. Love her or loathe her, Taylor Momsen’s legs looked fabulous during her set at T in the Park. Get the same effect with some on-trend suspender tights, or make like Jessie J in some monochrome patterns. Team with preppy basics for a great day-to-night look.
5. DO go for glam ankle socks if it’s too hot for tights. Choose from a rainbow of colours and pair with shorts skirts and sandals: they’re so cheap, why not choose a few different colours and use them to transform any outfit?Read More